Tech Tip – An Easy Way To Copy Data From The Web To Excel
Date: Jul 28, 2022
Save some time and effort with this simple way to copy web data into an Excel sheet. Instead of copying and pasting bits of data one at a time, for example, from a table on web site, simply copy the URL of the page you would like to get the data from and paste.
Here is how to do it:
- Open the website you want to get the data from and copy the URL
- Then open Excel and either
- create a new spreadsheet
- open an existing one
- Position the cursor to the cell you want to start the data copy into
- Click on the menu option "Data" from the top menu bar and select "From Web"
- Paste the URL into the field and click "OK"
- Select the table you would like to copy and click "Load"
- The table from the website should now load into the spreadsheet