Sector / Category 01
Data Classification / Taxonomy and Metadata
Why Implement Data Classification / Taxonomy and Metadata?
Data within a companies IT system is possibly one of the most valuable intangible assets and its value increases by a considerable factor if more can be extracted from it. Within the field of data management, it is possible to apply data classification / taxonomy and metadata to your companies data. This provides more detail, especially when searching data as it can return information based on a classification or metadata rather than content.
How We Help Businesses Get More Value from Their Data Through Data Classification
Data classification is also important for businesses when it comes to risk management, compliance, and data security within their IT systems.
The Silver Cloud Business has helped both the public and private sector businesses in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset and throughout the UK with IT support to organise their data so that is used and protected more efficiently.
- Configuration of classification and metadata.
- Applying tags based on rules or location.
- Configuring productivity tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prompt the user to select pre-existing metadata to help classify the data when creating and saving.
- What is more, for data security we can help build rules to ensure that certain data is kept within the company’s IT system and is not allowed to be shared based on its classification such as Confidential data, with rules in place to prevent users from sharing or changing the classification to bypass the security measure.
- This can also help with certain industries that have regulatory compliance requirements.