Sector / Category 01
Why Do We Need Cloud Security?
Computers are a great help to businesses, but they can also do untold damage as well, especially if a business suffers from an IT security breach due to lack of protection.
Traditionally businesses have centrally managed their computers using an on-premises server-based solution that would manage devices based on an IT security policy and permission would typically be granted through a group membership in a security domain.
The Advantages of Cloud Security
Moving to cloud services doesn’t mean you forego security or the ability to centrally manage it.
- You can manage all your devices even if they are spread over different locations and networks.
- Devices are enrolled to the central management platform which allows IT security policies to be configured and applied. This can be applied using policies that are triggered by factors such as machine type or group membership.
- It utilises more real time information to work with. Instead of it being an onsite server that just deals with your local realm or domain and waits for scheduled updates from the vendor, a cloud based platform works on data fed back by all of the subscribers so it makes it far easier to identify threats and react globally providing greater levels of protection in a much shorter timescale.
Partnered With Sophos for the Best in Cloud Security
We have partnered with Sophos to provide businesses cloud security in Wiltshire, Hampshire and Dorset with their award-winning Intercept-X protection service which is recognised as one of the top products by industry.
- CRN - Best endpoint security 2019
- Gartner – Leader 2019
- AV Comparatives - #1 Malware Protection Rate
- Forrester – Leader 2019
- SE Labs – Best Product Small Business Endpoint
The benefits of Intercept-X protection?
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) - Intercept X Advanced with EDR integrates powerful endpoint detection and response with the industry’s top-rated endpoint protection.
- Built for both IT security operations and threat hunting, Intercept X detects and investigates suspicious activity with AI-driven analysis. It adds expertise, not headcount by replicating the skills of hard-to-find analysts.
- Anti-Ransomware - To minimise your risk of falling victim, Intercept-X offers advanced ransomeware protection that monitors and secures the whole attack chain
- Deep Learning Technology - is an advanced form of machine learning, Intercept X is changing endpoint security from a reactive to a predictive approach to protect against both known and never-seen-before threats.
- Exploit Prevention - stops the techniques used in file-less, malware-less, and exploit-based attacks.
- Sophos Managed Threat Response (MTR) provides 24/7 threat hunting, detection, and response capabilities delivered by an expert team as a fully managed service.
- Active Adversary Mitigation ensures Intercept X utilises a range of techniques, including credential theft prevention, code cave utilisation detection, and APC protection that attackers use to gain a presence and remain undetected on victim networks.