Tech Tip – A Really Easy Way To Transcribe Your YouTube Videos
Date: Feb 3, 2022
If you’d like an easy way to add text transcript to your YouTube videos, use YouTube’s built-in transcript tool.
Here is how:
- Log in to your YouTube account and select YouTube Studio
- On the left hand side, select Subtitles from the menu
- Choose one of your videos to transcribe, choose the language to transcribe into and click "Confirm"
- If you want to change the transcription select "Duplicate and Edit" from the right hand menu
- Change the transcription to what you want it to say then click on "Publish"
Note: when you use the transcribe tool it will produce output that is all in lower case and will not contain any punctuation so you will need to edit it to tidy it up manually prior to publishing.