How To Run Older Programs Using the Windows 10/11 Compatibility Mode
Date: Jan 6, 2022
If you’d like to run older, favourite, but no longer compatible applications, older programs, or games (in fact most legacy software) on Windows 10/11, try using ‘Compatibility Mode’.
- Next to the start button is the search function, in the search box, type the name of the program / app or game you want to use in compatibility mode
- Right click on the icon of the application and select open file location
- When it opens, right click on the application and select properties
- When the properties open, select the compatibility tab
- Tick "run this program in compatibility mode for" and from the drop down list, select the older version of Windows you want to use to run the program, app or game.
- Next time you run the application, it will run using this compatibility mode.