Tech Tip – How To Slow Down Your Phone Battery Power Consumption
Date: May 12, 2022
We all seem to reply (well most of us) on smartphones for a lot of aspects of our lives, both for business and personal use.
Couple this with electricity prices rising, here are a few handy tips on how to reduce battery consumption and save electricity. Remember, every little helps!
Here is how:
- Enable Dark Mode (available if your phone has an OLED screen).
- Force the phone to use 4G rather than 5G, unless you need to download large files quickly, after the download switch back to 4G
- Reduce the screen refresh rate (this is an option in Settings)
- Use old fashioned static wallpapers rather than live/moving wallpapers as your phone background
- Avoid using always-on display and set the display time out to turn off the display regularly
- Do not over charge your phone, when it is fully charged and at 100%, unplug it and let the battery cycle properly