Tech Tip – Accessing The Windows Clipboard History
Date: Jul 29, 2021
There are times when you work with the clipboard a lot, copying and pasting information but there may be a time when you need to paste something again that you had copied several copies before. Here is how to use clipboard history in Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Make sure clipboard history is enabled, to do this open the clipboard history by pressing the Windows logo key + V together and then select Turn on if it is not already turned on
- Open clipboard history (Windows logo key + V), locate the item in the history list (these are in time order, most recent at the top) and select it
- Once selected, it automatically copies back in to the clipboard and you can paste it again in the usual way (CTRL + V)
- To remove a copied item from the history list, click on the three dots next on the right hand side of the item and select "delete" (which is represented by a waste bin icon)
- To enable your clipboard items to be availble everywhere from any other Windows 10 or Windows 11 device you use, select Start > Settings > System > Clipboard and then switch the "Sync across devices" to "On"