Tech Tip – Create Simple To-Do Lists Using Google Tasks
Date: Jul 14, 2021
Google Tasks (similar to Microsoft To-Do), which is integrated with into Gmail and Google Calendar provides a convenient way to create simple to-do lists.
Here’s how to do it:
- Sign-in to Google
- Open Calendar
- Click on the ‘Tasks’ symbol (right-hand side, blue circle with pen symbol)
- Click on “Add a task”
- Add the title
- date, and time, and click on the tick/complete link
You will notice that it has then been added to your calendar.
For bigger tasks:
- Click on the three dots by the task name (right-hand side of Calendar) and select "Subtask"
- add each subtask of the main task including time and date
- Repeat until all subtasks are added
- When a task is completed, right-mouse click on it in Calendar and select "Mark completed".
This will put a line through the task
In Calendar, clicking on the yellow light bulb symbol enables you to add notes via Google Keep.