Tech tip - How To Schedule Sending Emails in Outlook
Date: Oct 7, 2021
There are times when you are working outside of normal business hours but when you would like to be able to send email at the certain time but cannot be there, so one option is to create your emails in advance and schedule them to be sent.
In order to do this:
- Write your email as you would normally however instead of clicking send....
- click on the "Options" menu
- in the more options sub-menu select "Delay Delivery"
- in the properties pop-up choose when to deliver the email (the wording used is interesting, it says "do not deliver before")
- once you have put in the time and date of when the email should be sent click on close
- Click the send button and your email will be held until it is scheduled to be sent.