Tech tip - How To Use Microsoft Edge To Check For Password Leaks
Date: Jun 3, 2021
Do you know you can use the Microsoft Edge Browser to check if any of the passwords you use have been compromised?
To do this:
- Click "Settings and More" (the three dots top right hand corner of the browser) or press Alt + F
- Click "Settings"
- In the "Profile" section click "Passwords"
- If any passwords have leaved you will see a notification, if the browser hasn't found any leaked passwords it will display a blue banner saying "No new leaked passwords found"
- Click the right hand side of the blue bar, click on >
- Click on the Scan Now button to check for leaked passwords
If you want to save time, in Microsoft Edge, copy and paste the link below to go directly to the password monitor section where you can scan for password leaks: